Wednesday, November 12, 2008

EDM310 Podcasts

The first podcast I listened to was Susan Smith, Bridget Thompson-Hall, and Angela Minish. They discussed the ACCESS program and it's benefits to high school students. Bridget was the first speaker and did very well. She seemed to stumble over some of her words, but her voice was clear and it was easy for me to understand her. Angela spoke next and also spoke very clearly. However, I felt that she covered her information too quickly, which made it difficult for me to keep up and fully comprehend what she was saying. Susan was the final speaker and I found it somewhat hard to hear her. There wasn't much inflection in her voice and I feel her performance would have been enhanced by putting more personality into her speech. All three did a good job of feeding off of each other and asking questions and adding comments.

The second podcast I listened to was by Rachael Beaty, Keller Leathers, and Joye Wiggins. Joye spoke first and she was somewhat hard to hear. She has a very soft voice, and I feel that she should have been closer to the microphone. Keller was very talkative and used a more conversational style in her speaking. Rachael had a very clear voice, but she used the word "um" multiple times during her presentation. Overall, all three speakers did a good job and made the discussion seem more like a conversation.

The third podcast I listened to was by Ashley Corley, Brooke Busby, and Kimberly Pierce. Kimberly was easy to hear and understand, but it seemed that she was mostly reading her speech. I found it somewhat hard to hear Ashley. I think this has more to do with her natural voice tone more than nervousness. Brooke made her speech seem more conversational, but sometimes stumbled over words. She did a good job of incorporating her experience as a parent into the conversation.

The podcast I personally participated in was not uploaded to iTunes at the time I made this post. However, I do know that I personally needed to speak louder and calm my voice. It was very easy to hear my nervousness. I also needed to add more detail to my main points. Since I was not able to hear the podcast, I'm unable to give an accurate observation on Kelsey's performance.

1 comment:

Jennifer Averitt said...

Excellent self evaluation. Everyone did a good job.