Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What I've Learned...

I really can't believe my first semester at South is almost over! As a transfer student, the past few months have been fun, stressful, and sometimes downright mind-boggling. But overall, I've really learned a lot in this class.

When I walked in the computer lab the first week of school, I had no idea what a blog was. Now, I'm telling my family all about it and answering their questions. I admit that sometimes the blog assignments were irritating, especially when I didn't find a podcast interesting or I was stressing over another class. However, I feel that this course has served me well. I've made many new friends and have learned new ways to use new technology in my everyday life as well as how I may be able to use it in my career.

One of the highlights of the course was learning about the technology available for the deaf and blind. I never considered the possibility that I may have a student in my class with this type of disability. I now know the resources that are available and will be able to help accommodate any student that needs assistance.

Throughout this semester, I have learned so many new things that will help me in my teaching career. I feel it is very important for aspiring teachers to be aware of new technologies and also master basic skills. This course had given me all of these things.

No comments: